Indentations and future evolution of languages

Tim Roberts timr at
Sun Mar 8 02:57:51 CET 2009

Tim Rowe <digitig at> wrote:
>I don't think the article is right that "it's silly to have some
>expression/statement groupings indentation based and some grouped by
>enclosing tokens" -- provided it's done right. The OCAML-based
>language F# accepts OCAML enclosing tokens, but if you mark the groups
>with indentation they're not necessary (but still legal). That seems
>to me to work pretty cleanly.

Boy, I really want to like F# -- a lot of smart people have worked on it --
but every program I write is completely incomprehensible to me a week

The more I look around, the more I like Python.
Tim Roberts, timr at
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.