Is python worth learning as a second language?

Nick Craig-Wood nick at
Mon Mar 9 13:30:03 CET 2009

ZikO <zebik at> wrote:
>  I am a C++ programmer and I am thinking of learning something else
>  because I know second language might be very helpful somehow. I have
>  heard a few positive things about Python but I have never writen any
>  single line in python so I do not know this language at all.
>  Do you think python would be good complementary language for C++?

> Do you think it's worth learning it or let's say try Java?

Jave is basically C++ with the hard bits taken out.  I wouldn't

> and how difficult it would be for me if I know C++ pretty well I
> would say?

Go here

Download the PDF or buy the book.

You'll be writing your first python program in about 5 minutes!

We use lots of python embedded into our humungous C++ app.  Gradually
the dev team has moved from writing C++ to writing python as much of
the time as possible and C++ only when necessary.

Nick Craig-Wood <nick at> --