A parser for S.W.I.F.T. MT940 Files (for banking transactions)

andrew cooke andrew at acooke.org
Mon Mar 9 12:09:47 EDT 2009

a month is more than enough - i would expect to have something in a week.
if possible, a data size of 1GB or more would be useful, but otherwise the
largest file you have.

i will use http://srd.tcg-net.com/Documentation/MT940/MT9402GB.htm as an
initial guide.

please remember that this is a "best efforts" attempt only.  i have no
previous experience with this file format, or with banking data, and the
result will come with no warranty.  you may want to continue to
investigate other solutions.  i have no idea what your final application
is, but you should at the very least test any parser (and related
libraries) thoroughly before using it in a critical application.

cheers,
andrew

ps i'm not sure this conversation should continue on the python list!