Windows install to custom location after building from source

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Mon Mar 9 18:24:38 EDT 2009

Tim Golden wrote:
>>> Won't quite work: merge tries to find full_current_version
>>> which is determined (if None) in msi.py from the rather
>>> involved current version stuff.
>>
>> Only if you don't pass an msi file on the command line. So
>> I recommend that you do that.

Latest attempt: merge.py runs but produces errors. Unfortunately
I know next to nothing about what MSI's trying to do here, except
in the most general sense that it's bringing auxiliary files into
the main MSI database.

I attach the merge.log output but I'll try to do some
research to understand what's going on here in any case.
In particular it's not clear to me whether the thing
has worked but has just tripped up over some non-essential
part, or whether these are real errors. (I really need
to set up a virtual machine which doesn't have VS2008).

For the record, running it by sticking execfile (merge) at
the end of msi.py has the same effect.

TJG