Is python worth learning as a second language?

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.com.pl
Mon Mar 9 22:50:17 EDT 2009

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009, Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:

> Tomasz Rola a écrit :
> (snip)
>
> > I may not be objective (tried Java, hated it after 6 years).
>
> Arf - only took me 6 months !-)

I guess sometimes I need to be knocked really hard ;-/. But it works both
ways - I cannot imagine what should Java-the-language have to make me
interested again. Java-the-virtual-machine is still interesting a little,
but not as much as few years ago. Languages that I like (Python is one of
them) are already multiplatform, so running Jython is reserved to few very
special cases (those cases may be important and happening quite often to
other people but I intend to avoid them personally). Same for other
languages implemented over JVM, like Scheme or Common Lisp.

Of course, just my opinion.

Regards,
Tomasz Rola