Python 2.7 MSI / pywin32 snapshots [was: Windows install to custom location ...]

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue Mar 10 17:03:06 EDT 2009

Scott David Daniels wrote:
> Tim Golden wrote:
>> ... Anyhow, at the end I have a working Python 2.7a0 running
>> under Windows.
>
> Do you mean 3.1a0?  As far as I know, 2.7a0 requires the use
> of the time machine, as it is expected to be 3 months out.
>
> If you do get an installer built, even having a semi-official copy
> around for those of us not on the MS compiler upgrade train to
> do a little alpha (and/or beta) testing as well.

I've uploaded a couple of installers here:

  http://timgolden.me.uk/python/downloads/snapshots/

Currently, there's the Python Subversion trunk (py2.7) and the
corresponding pywin32, built from the latest CVS. I believe
I've got everything in there, altho' the platform test was
failing irreproducibly when I last looked.

I'm building the py3k branch now, so if there are no problems
I'll upload that later tonight.

Please take them for a spin and let me know if they work.

TJG