WSE 3 with Python (Newbie)

Shane Bignell shaneb at spotlight.co.za
Wed Mar 11 04:35:14 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to post a python HTTP request to a web service that
implements using Web Service Enhancements 3.0. I have WSE3.0 installed
on the client and the server and I have looked over a few examples of
how the SOAP header should look like for WSE authentication, I have
included the following:

<soap:Header>

<wsa:Action>ACTION ADDRESS</wsa:Action>

<wsa:MessageID>MESSAGE ID</wsa:MessageID>

<wsa:To>ASMX ADDRESS</wsa:To>

<wsse:Security>

<wsse:UsernameToken>

 <wsse:Username>USERNAME</wsse:Username>

 <wsse:Password>PASSWORD</wsse:Password>

</wsse:UsernameToken>

<wsu:Timestamp id="Timestamp-a4585876-db02-44a6-a2f7-2bc6f3472e47"/>

<wsu:Created>2009-02-14T16:14:00Z</wsu:Created>

 <wsu:Expires>2010-01-01T12:00:00Z</wsu:Expires>

</wsse:Security>

<soap:Header>

I am not getting a valid response back.

Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Kind Regards
Shane Bignell

Spotlight Interactive Planning for Financial Excellence
A member of the IRESS group
( 031 203 7620    FAX 086 514 6546
*: shaneb at spotlight.co.za <mailto:shaneb at spotlight.co.za>   | Website:
www.spotlight.co.za <http://www.spotlight.co.za>

Email disclaimer

This email and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential and
proprietary information. This information is private and protected by
law and, accordingly, if you are not the intended recipient, you are
requested to delete this entire communication immediately and are
notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of or taking any
action based on this information is prohibited.

Emails cannot be guaranteed to be secure or free of errors or viruses.
The sender does not accept any liability or responsibility for any
interception, corruption, destruction, loss, late arrival or
incompleteness of or tampering or interference with any of the
information contained in this email or for its incorrect delivery or
non-delivery for whatsoever reason or for its effect on any electronic
device of the recipient. If verification of this email or any attachment
is required, please request a hard-copy version.

Click here to read full email disclaimer
<http://www.spotlight.co.za/EmailDisclaimer.html>