elixir vs. storm

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Wed Mar 11 09:35:39 EDT 2009

Dan Barbus a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Anyone here compared elixir with storm? Both are sqlite declarative
> wrappers (as far as I understood) and both seem to hide the
> (unnecessary for what I want) SQL/data layer under pythonic wrappers.

elixir is a declarative layer over SQLAlchemy, which is a hi-level
SQL/Python integration layer (and much more than an ORM). And it's in no
way tied to SQLite (works as well with MySQL, Postgres and a couple
other RDBMS).

> I'm not trying to start a flamewar here (but I wanted to know if one
> is more mature than the other, more pythonic, easier to use or
> whatever ...
>
> Also, are there any other alternatives for easily working with sqlite
> in python?

There's a "low-level" DB-API compliant connector to SQLite. IIRC, it's
even included in the stdlib now.