Invalid syntax with print "Hello World"

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at
Thu Mar 12 12:45:55 CET 2009

> Welcome to the list.  As a newbie myself, I ran into the Python3 vrs
> 2.6 issue.  May I suggest starting with 2.6?  There is many more books
> and internet stuff you can learn with in 2.6 - and the examples will
> work. As Garry wrote, once you understand 2.6, 3.0 will not be a
> challenge.

I do not think that is the best way to go about learning Python. Why
learn an arguably depreciating version when the new version is
available. I agree that there are not many tutorial written for Python
3 however there are enough to get going: most of the Python 2
tutorials are redundant. Sticking to Python 3 tutorials will give him
a higher signal-to-noise ratio in the tutorials that he finds.

Dotan Cohen