Rough draft: Proposed format specifier for a thousands separator
python at rcn.com
Sat Mar 14 01:17:12 CET 2009
Todays updates to: http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0378/
* Detail issues with the locale module.
* Summarize commentary to date.
-- Opposition to formatting strings in general
(preferring a convenience function or PICTURE clause)
-- Opposition to any non-locale aware approach
* Add APOSTROPHE and non-breaking SPACE to the list of separators.
* Add more links to external references
(Babel, Excel, ADA, CommonLisp, COBOL, C-Sharp).
* Clarify how proposal II is parsed.
More information about the Python-list