__import__ with dict values

alex goretoy aleksandr.goretoy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 04:05:15 EDT 2009

> I don't get *why* someone would like to write that. Does it look "cool"? Is
> it some kind of "Look, ma, I know those hidden names!" syndrome? Is it
> contagious?

I think thats what it is. It does look cool, thats for telling me about the
fact that

prevents the interpreter from doing many optimizations...

that makes sense to me, where would I read more about python optimizations?
I want to see code more, I like code, comments are good too :)

I have this piece of code I would like to turn into a generator, can some
one please help me do it?
I want to make it very optimized. The data comes from a options file that is
parsed and used for this header/field function mapping function . I need to
generate this, unless you advise against it then what are my options? How to
wrap my head around this?

    def loop_lines(self):
        self.soc.me_him(['ENTER:',__name__],self.func_me_color)
        print self.lines
        for k in range(len(self.lines)): #for every line in csv file
            self.line=self.lines[k]
            for optv in self.order:
                for optvv in self._optv[optv]["headers"]:
                    if self._optv[optv]["headers"][optvv]!="":

_optvk=string.split(self._optv[optv]["headers"][optvv],",")
                        for optvk in _optvk:
                            for optvvv in self._optv[optv]["mappings"]:
                                if optvk == optvvv:
                                    if
self._optv[optv]["mappings"][optvvv].find("self.fun.func") >= 0:
                                        self.field=optvvv

self.value=self.parsed[k][optvv].replace('"', '\\"').replace("'", "\\'")

                                        try:
                                            exec
(self._optv[optv]["mappings"][optvvv]) #execute custom function
                                            self.last_value=self.value
                                        except NameError, e:
                                            self.soc.w(["\n\nERROR: %s
\n\nFUNCTION or VARIABLE IS DEFINED IN JAR_CONTROLLER" % e],'white_on_red')
                                            sys.exit(1)
                                        #print self.opt['data']

#self.opt['data'][self.field]=self.fun.data[self.field]
                                        #print self.opt['data']
                                    else:
                                        #self.soc.write(["FUNC NOT
FOUND:",pfhpv[pfhpvi],self._pfmp[pfhpv[pfhpvi]]],'red')
                                        #if self._pfmp[pfhpv[pfhpvi]]==
pfhp:

self.opt['data']['defaults'][optv][optvvv]=self.value
                                        self.last_item=self.value
            for ff in self.final_funcs.keys():
                if self.final_funcs[ff]:
                    exec ( ff )

        self.soc.me_him(['EXIT:',__name__],self.func_me_color)

Thank you,
-Alex Goretoy
http://www.goretoy.com