How to add months to a date (datetime object)?

Chris Rebert clp2 at
Sun Mar 15 21:45:36 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Roy Smith <roy at> wrote:
> In article <mailman.1910.1237139217.11746.python-list at>,
>  Chris Rebert <clp2 at> wrote:
>> Which makes some sense considering a month can range from 28-31 days,
>> which would make the delta oddly fuzzy.
> BTW, what date is "One month after August 10, 1752"?  Extra points if you
> refuse the answer the question on the grounds that it's incompletely
> specified :-)

Not that that date could even be represented by most programs since
it's before 1970. Talk about recentism! :-)
I've always wondered how historians using computers deal with that limitation...

I have a blog: