How to add months to a date (datetime object)?

Aahz aahz at
Mon Mar 16 13:57:01 CET 2009

In article <b324a517-85ee-4260-832d-cde81eb46e0e at>,
John Machin  <sjmachin at> wrote:
>On Mar 16, 3:08=A0pm, a... at (Aahz) wrote:
>>>Indeed. =A0For example, my wife started her current job on a Feb 29th. =
>>>are significant financial events that happen on various anniversaries of
>>>her employment (vesting of stock and retirement benefits). =A0It really =
>>>important that everybody know exactly what is meant by "10 years from Fe=
>>>29th, on a given year", and what it means in one context may not mean wh=
>>>it means in another.
>> Because I'm well-aware of such issues, I would have asked to make my
>> official start date March 1. =A0;-)
>Which means that any goodies accruing after 4, 8, etc years are
>granted on 1 March instead of the (obvious?) 29 February.
>What you want is an agreement that the anniversary of commencement in
>any year is the last day of February.

You may want that; I'd rather just have less hassle.  Nobody will ever
have problems with March 1.
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

Adopt A Process -- stop killing all your children!