Can python quickly display results like bash?

Chris Rebert clp2 at
Tue Mar 17 19:10:36 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 6:05 PM, robert song <robertsong.linux at> wrote:
> Hello, everyone.
> python can be debugged with pdb, but if there anyway to get a quick
> view of the python execution.
> Just like sh -x of bash command.
> I didn't find that there is an option of python that can do it.

I've read the manpage for bash and can find no such -x option listed.
And this term is nigh impossible to google for, so that didn't turn
anything up.
What exactly does the -x option to bash do? Where is it documented?

I have a blog: