Python to Perl transalators

Abhinayaraj.Raju at Emulex.Com Abhinayaraj.Raju at Emulex.Com
Wed Mar 18 06:41:06 EDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Engels [mailto:andreengels at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 3:53 PM
To: Raju, Abhinayaraj
Cc: python-list at python.org
Subject: Re: Python to Perl transalators

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 6:27 AM,  <Abhinayaraj.Raju at emulex.com> wrote:

> [...]

I think automatic translation would be a very bad way of getting
understanding of both. Translating from another language to Python
usually leads to very un-Pythonic code - syntactically correct and
working Python, but not 'real' Python. I assume that translating from
Python to Perl will lead to something similarly un-Perlish.

André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com

Thanks Andre for your suggestions!

Agni