read web page that requires javascript on client

Greg gregsaundersemail at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 16:01:39 EDT 2009

Hello all, I've been trying to find a way to fetch and read a web page
that requires javascript on the client side and it seems impossible.
I've read several threads in this group that say as much but I just
can't believe it to be true (I'm subscribing to the "argument of
personal incredulity " here).

Clearly urllib and urllib2 don't seem to support this and I've looked
at win32com.client and it's ScriptControl but that doesn't seem to be
viable approach for this particular problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions, hack or ideas or am I missing
something really obvious.

Thanking you all in advance!
Greg