Concurrent tasklets in Stackless Python

Aahz aahz at
Thu Mar 19 21:13:34 CET 2009

[posted and e-mailed]

In article <mailman.1569.1236642427.11746.python-list at>,
Minesh Patel  <minesh at> wrote:
>Can you suggest any Python libraries for true parallelism or should I
>just stick with Python Threads or asyncore

Python threads are mostly only parallel for I/O (you have to write
special C code to release the GIL).  If you want parallel CPU in pure
Python, you should use e.g. the multiprocessing library.
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

"Programming language design is not a rational science. Most reasoning
about it is at best rationalization of gut feelings, and at worst plain
wrong."  --GvR, python-ideas, 2009-3-1