PEP 3143: Standard daemon process library

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at
Fri Mar 20 14:39:12 CET 2009

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 21:47:00 +1100, Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam at> wrote:
> [snip]

Somewhat by accident I noticed this other part of the PEP:

>Other Python daemon implementations that differ from this PEP:
> [snip]
>* Twisted [twisted]_ includes, perhaps unsurprisingly, an
>  implementation of a process daemonisation API that is integrated
>  with the rest of the Twisted framework; it differs significantly
>  from the API in this PEP.

What do you mean be "integrated"?  Twisted's daemonization code is
in a free function which depends only on the os module.  It's basically
as un-integrated as could be (it's also only 14 lines long).