Unable to compile pyprocessing module on SUN solaris

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Fri Mar 20 15:27:08 EDT 2009

Deepak Rokade wrote:
> I am trying to build package "pyprocessing" for python 2.5
>
> I am using sun machine with Solaris 5.8
>
> drokade at himalaya:~/modules_python/processing-0.52
> (Deepak:)uname -a
> SunOS himalaya 5.8 Generic_117350-35 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire
>
> While building the package I get below warnings.
>
> (Deepak:)python setup.py build
> Macros:
>         HAVE_FD_TRANSFER = 1
>         HAVE_SEM_OPEN = 1
>         HAVE_SEM_TIMEDWAIT = 1
>
> Libraries:
>         ['rt']

Can you do me a favor and compile Python 2.6.1 on your machine? The
download link is http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.1/

I like to know if the multiprocessing module in 2.6.1 builds correctly
on Solaris. I also need the version number of GCC (gcc -v) and the value
of sys.platform (python -c "import sys; print sys.platform").

Thanks!

I'm including Jesse, the maintainer of Python 2.6's multiprocessing
module, in our discussion. It seem like Solaris needs
HAVE_FD_TRANSFER=0, HAVE_SEM_TIMEDWAIT = 0 in order to compile
multiprocessing.

Christian