script files with python (instead of tcsh/bash)?

Esmail ebonak at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 21 09:26:02 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone is using python to write script files?

Right now I have a bigg'ish bash/tcsh script that contain some grep/awk
command plus various files are processed and created, renamed and
moved to specific directories. I also write out some gnuplot scripts
that later get executed to generate .jpg images.

In any case, the scripts are starting to look pretty hairy and I was
wondering if it would make sense to re-write them in Python. I am not
sure how suitable it would be for this.

I've looked around the web w/o much luck for some examples but come
short. Any comments/suggestions?

Thanks,
Esmail