Is python worth learning as a second language?

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.com.pl
Sat Mar 21 16:25:10 EDT 2009

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009, alex goretoy wrote:

> I've only read he subject and a few lines from other responses.
>
> yes, it is worth learning. I came from PHP to Python. It's very powerful and
> makes application development easier for me than in PHP and/or C#, but bash,
> well that depends on the type of bash. It has a lot of diffent ways you can
> use it too, so that adds to how powerful it is.

IMHO, Bash is great for quick and dirty hacks, as a kind of simplified
Perl. But when bash script grows too big, I would consider rewriting it in
Python rather than Perl. But this is just my personal choice.

Since we are already a little offtopic :-), did you see any speed
difference between PHP and Python? I understand, that you are doing web
devel in those two?

> -Alex Goretoy
> http://www.goretoy.com

Regards,