script files with python (instead of tcsh/bash)?

Esmail ebonak at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 21 22:03:40 EDT 2009

andrew cooke wrote:
> Esmail wrote:
>
> just a quick data point here -

<..>

> so you might be better spending the time improving your bash skills than
> doing what will be largely drudge work in a language you already know.

I'll have to think about it .. at this point I know both languages about
equally "well" .. (not really), but Python has more universal applicability,
so I thought this might be a good reason to hone my Python skills and come
up with something useful at the same time.

Thanks for the post, the more data points,the better.

Cheers,
Esmail