what features would you like to see in 2to3?

Daniel Fetchinson fetchinson at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 22 16:49:04 EDT 2009

> It's GSoC time again, and I've had lots of interested students asking about
> doing on project on improving 2to3. What kinds of improvements and features
> would you like to see in it which student programmers could accomplish?

Last time I used 2to3 (maybe not the latest version) it didn't know
what to do with string exceptions. I'd suggest converting

# py 2
raise 'my string'

# py 3
raise Exception( 'my string' )

And notifying the user that this conversion has been done so that
he/she can take appropriate action, i.e. this conversion should not
pass silently.

Cheers,
Daniel