Wiki syntax available when publishing on pypi

andrew cooke andrew at acooke.org
Tue Mar 24 10:06:19 EDT 2009

it's some form of restructured text, which is described at
http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html

however, there seem to be various implementations; i don't know if pypi
exactly follows what is described there (i know i had a small problem with
some detail being inconsistent with that convention used in sphinx).

also - if there's any kind of syntax error, pypi displays the entire
description literally (and gives no other error feedback that i have
found).

andrew