autocomplete and printing

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at
Tue Mar 24 22:22:03 CET 2009

En Tue, 24 Mar 2009 17:56:26 -0300, vikram moule <shivickky at>

> Q1. I want to access a database and just by pressing the first alphabet
> will
> showup a dropdown list of all the words starting from that alphabet how
> can
> I do that ?
> ( I know how to access the database but the further problem is unsolved
> hence....)

Populate the dropdownlist with results from a query like this: "SELECT XXX
(all rows where XXX starts with A).
You'll have to provide more info if you want more details (Which database?
Which adapter? Is it a console application, a GUI application, a web one?
Which toolkit/framework?)

> Q2. How can I print a document for example bill or prescription through a
> printer or network printer (both) using python ?

If you tell us how would you do that without Python, maybe someone
suggests how to do the same thing with Python.

Gabriel Genellina