Unit testing frameworks

grkuntzmd at gmail.com grkuntzmd at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 07:19:19 EDT 2009

In unittest, has anyone used the *NIX command "find" to automatically
build a test suite file of all tests under a specified directory?

I generally name my tests as _Test_ORIGINAL_MODULE_NAME.py where
ORIGINAL_MODULE_NAME is the obvious value. This way, I can include/
exclude them from deployments, etc. in my Makefile based on filename
patterns. I was thinking of  doing something with "find" to get a list
of test file names and then run them through a Python script to
produce a top-level suite file, probably as the first step in my
Makefile test target.

Any thoughts?