Introducing Python to others

Jeremiah Dodds jeremiah.dodds at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 07:49:02 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 9:35 AM, Paddy O'Loughlin <
patrick.oloughlin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> As our resident python advocate, I've been asked by my team leader to
> give a bit of a presentation as an introduction to python to the rest
> of our department.
> It'll be less than an hour, with time for taking questions at the end.
>

> Any other suggestions for a possible "wow" reaction from an audience like
> that?
>
> Thanks,
> Paddy
>
> --
> "Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!"
> --

The Genshi tut[1] uses CherryPy, and should be pretty "wowing" for primarily
php-devs, you could probably get some good ideas from there.

The biggest wow reactions I've gotten from php devs from showing them python
were when I showed them decorators (and explained how they work), and when I
showed them "raise cherrypy.HTTPRedirect('/somepath')".

[1] http://genshi.edgewall.org/wiki/GenshiTutorial