Is there a simple soap library for python?

Paul McGuire ptmcg at austin.rr.com
Thu Mar 26 09:39:41 EDT 2009

On Mar 26, 5:17 am, "Diez B. Roggisch" <de... at nospam.web.de> wrote:

> Or maybe Jython + apache axis is a way to go for you, if it's about
> quickly writing tests/prototypes against a working service.

The best utility I've found for quickly writing tests against an
existing service is soapUI.  Very easy to write regression tests and
stress tests, with easy playback.  It interrogates the target service
and then gives you pulldowns of the service's operations to select
from in creating the tests.  Uses Groovy (sort of a Java without the
classes) as its scripting language, though.

-- Paul