tkinter questions: behavior of StringVar, etc

Sun Mar 29 03:43:34 EDT 2009

Alan G Isaac wrote:
>> On Mar 28, 2:15 pm, Alan G Isaac <alan.is... at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'm a complete newbie to GUI. I have a couple questions about tkinter.
>>> 1. Where is the list of changes     in Python 3's tkinter?
>>> 2. What exactly is the role of the root object,     traditionally
>>> created as ``root=tk.Tk()``?
> On 3/28/2009 6:19 PM Mike Driscoll apparently wrote:
>> Try Google and the Python website. There is tons of info on the Python
>> wiki:
>> http://wiki.python.org/moin/TkInter There are also some books that
>> walk you through Tkinter application creation, for example,Lutz's
>> "Programming Python".
>
> Sorry, but I do not see the answers to any of the above
> questions, not even the first one.  Do you?  (One might
> believe question 2 is answered, but if you read it, I
> think you will see why I do not.)

OK, that was plain rude.  a couple of questions is not six questions.
A reply telling you how to get to some of what you are looking for
is assistance.  If you want exact answers to an array of questions,
pay someone to fetch you the answers, or do your own homework.

Clearly I am too grumpy this weekend.
Sorry about that,

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org