Installing PLPython - Version Problem

andrew cooke andrew at acooke.org
Sun Mar 29 21:52:25 EDT 2009

i haven't got much of a clue about python's binary api, but what you are
doing sounds absolutely crazy to me.

i guess you are using a binary prebuilt to use a certain python version
(ie 2.5).  your simplest solution is to install that python version (it is
possible to have more than one version of python installed at a time,
although i do not the details of how to do this on windows).

alternatively, you might try building postgres yourself and seeing if it
will build against python 2.6, but that sounds like a whole pile of work,
while installing the right python version should be pretty easy.

andrew