Programming Python 4th Edition?

Esmail ebonak at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 30 08:47:02 EDT 2009

Nick Craig-Wood wrote:

> I read Programming Python as an experienced programmer and like you I
> enjoyed the encyclopedic nature of it.  So if it appeals to you I'd
> say go for it!
>
> The fact that it doesn't use the latest version of python isn't a
> problem - python doesn't change very quickly and emphasises backwards
> compatibility, even for the jump to 3.x.

Cool .. glad to hear that .. esp since all my other Python books are
even a bit more outdated :-)  .. the only thing that I notice missing
is coverage of the subprocess module which I will be using a fair bit
I think.

I had a 40% off coupon for our local Borders, so I couldn't pass that
up to get myself a copy of this book. No regrets.

Cheers,
Esmail