win32com python AttributeError!

Michael michael at
Tue Mar 31 06:17:26 CEST 2009

Hi Python-list -

Has anyone figured this out from Rebecca:

Hi, I am having trouble with win32com for python.  I get the following
error when I try to issue any command after using Dispatch.

>>> xl=win32com.client.Dispatch("Excel.Application")
>>> xl.Visible=0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#7>", line 1, in ?
  File "D:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\",
line 504, in __setattr__
    raise AttributeError, "Property '%s.%s' can not be set." %
(self._username_, attr)
AttributeError: Property 'Excel.Application.Visible' can not be set.

I have programs that I used to use all the time and they simply won't
run.  Is this an error with python or win32com or my setup?

I have the same problem.

myWord = Dispatch("Word.Application")
myWord.Visible = 1   # or, True

opens a word document but