Windows command line not displaying print commands

JonathanB doulos05 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 09:59:19 EDT 2009

I think I found the problem. I recently removed Python 2.5 and
replaced it with 2.6. When I got in, I tried to run some django
commands and even they weren't producing output. On a hunch, I tried
to uninstall 2.6 and reinstall it, since now even django wasn't
producing output. When I tried, it told me that I couldn't because it
wasn't installed. I had to delete the folder and manually go through
and delete every instance of "python" in my registry. However, when I
reinstalled 2.6, it worked. Some of the registry entries were still
pointing to the defunct Python25 path rather than Python26. Now both
the simple hello.py script and the bigger script that I really wanted
to get working are producing output.

I apologize for the confusion caused by going the wrong direction with
my troubleshooting (from the simplest possible script to the more
complex script), next time I will be more sensible in my
troubleshooting.