A Simple Tkinter Control Program--Slight Problem

W. eWatson notvalid2 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 4 15:18:29 EST 2009

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 10:09:10 -0800, W. eWatson wrote:
>
>> Here's what I think the author meant in discussing a control variable
>> sample program. <http://effbot.org/tkinterbook/entry.htm>
>>
>> from Tkinter import *
>>
>> v=Tk.StringVar()
>>
>> e = Entry(master, textvariable=v)
>> e.pack()
>> e.focus_set()
>>
>> v.set("a default value")
>> s = v.get()
>>
>> mainloop()
>>
>> The problem is that Python objects to v=.
>>      v=Tk.StringVar()
>> AttributeError: class Tk has no attribute 'StringVar'
>>
>> What corrects this?
>
> Learn how to copy code 1:1 from a web page or understand Python's import
> and namespaces.
>
> Ciao,
> 	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch
It wasn't a matter of copying. I had experimented with the code and found a
note that suggested using Tk, and another way of getting the job. It didn't
work. I missed removing it (Tk).

"Never assume!"--Spencer Tracy, cautioning Katharine Hepburn in a puzzle he
is about to give her in the movie Desk Set.

Here's the segment the author singled out:

v = StringVar()

--
                                W. eWatson

                     Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>