Python3 on the Web

John Nagle nagle at animats.com
Fri Mar 6 00:24:13 EST 2009

Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 18:13:05 +0100, Johannes Permoser <ee_pp at yahoo.de>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wanted to learn Python from scratch and start off with Version 3.
>> Since I already know PHP very well, I thought it would be nice to start
>> off with a small web-project.
>>
>> But what's the way to bring python3 to the Web?
>> mod_python isn't available, cgi is said to be slow, mod_wsgi looks
>> complicated...
>>
>> What would you suggest?
>
> Try Python 2.x instead.  If you go with Python 3, you're going to run
> into the same limited library selection over and over.
>
> Jean-Paul

    Actually, FCGI offers good performance with Python.  Applications
look like CGI applications, you don't get hung up in the complexities
of some "framework", and you don't reload the entire application for
each request as you do with CGI.

    Unfortunately, the documentation for FCGI is terrible.

    It's a useful option if you're doing something that doesn't work
like a typical web application.

				John Nagle