set_process_affinity_mask problem - Python 2.5 gcc 4.3.2 (Ubuntu 4.3.2-1ubuntu12)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Mar 19 09:53:13 EDT 2009

In article <mailman.1499.1236566959.11746.python-list at python.org>,
Isaac Gouy  <igouy2 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Now I've upgraded from Ubuntu 8.04 to Ubuntu 8.10 (from gcc 4.2.3 to
>gcc 4.3.2) and set_process_affinity_mask seems to fail on the x86
>Ubuntu install.  It still works fine, after upgrade, on the x64 Ubuntu
>install.
>  [...]
>Please suggest what I can do to debug / fix this problem.

Search the Ubuntu bugs first, then ask on an Ubuntu mailing list.  My
impression is that 8.10 is a bit half-baked -- I'm rather annoyed that
the feature "save session on logout" is completely b0rked, but it's not
so annoying that I'll downgrade.

"Programming language design is not a rational science. Most reasoning
about it is at best rationalization of gut feelings, and at worst plain
wrong."  --GvR, python-ideas, 2009-3-1