Unable to compile pyprocessing module on SUN solaris

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Fri Mar 20 09:58:51 EDT 2009

Deepak Rokade wrote:
> This did not wok.
> I continued to get those warning and Import Error.
>
> I wanr through documentation of multiprocessing and it looks almost similar
> to processing module.
> Any advantages of multiprocessing  module ?

You may have to disable more features and recompile everything until it
works. Have you removed the entire build directory before you recompiled
the package again?

   rm -r build && python2.5 setup.py build

The CMSG_* functions are used by the fd transer feature. Maybe solaris
doesn't support it, too? Please HAVE_FD_TRANSFER=0 and try it again.

pyprocessing was added to Python 2.6 and 3.0 under the new name
multiprocessing. The multiprocessing package contains several fixes and
minor API changes. I'm maintaining a backport to Python 2.4 and 2.5.

  multiprocessing is a back port of the Python 2.6/3.0
  multiprocessing package. The multiprocessing package itself
  is a renamed and updated version of R Oudkerk's pyprocessing
  package.

Christian