c.l.py dead, news at 11 (was Re: Mangle function name with decorator?)

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Mar 27 14:10:54 EDT 2009

    Aahz> Excuse me?  What decline of this newsgroup?

    Andrew> .... But my personal impression is that over the years various
    Andrew> people who used to post here now stay pretty firmly in the dev
    Andrew> group, while others seem to have disappeared more or less
    Andrew> completely <wink>.

People come and go, that's true.  That's to be expected though.  I certainly
find many of the "newer" folks more than capable replacements for people you
don't see around here (much) anymore.  Maybe you just aren't as familiar
with some of the new names.  I think if you intersect the set of frequent
posters here and with the frequent posters in python-dev (say, those who
post more than a few times a month) you'll find a fairly large intersection,
and that intersection will include some of the most active Python core
developers.

Skip