PyFits for Windows?

John Yeung gallium.arsenide at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 23:51:34 EDT 2009

On Mar 28, 4:03 pm, Michiel Overtoom <mot... at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> W. eWatson wrote:
> > It looks like PyFits downloads are for Linux.
> > Isn't there anything available for Win (xp)?
>
> To install it, unpack the tar file and
> type: python setup.py install"
>
> It looks like PyFits is platform-independent.

Perhaps the original poster is referring to the tar file, which isn't
natively supported by Windows and possibly isn't understood by WinZip
either (not sure about that one).  I recommend downloading and
installing 7-Zip, which is free and handles more formats.  It will let
you extract the contents, which you can then install normally with the
setup script as shown above.

John