problem with money datatype based calculations in python

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Sat May 2 23:20:25 EDT 2009

On Sun, 03 May 2009 00:07:17 +0530
Krishnakant <krmane at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-05-02 at 11:57 -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> > And if you use PyGreSQL (http://www.PyGreSQL.org/) to connect to
> > the database then the money type is already converted to Decimal.
> > d'arcy, I visited the home page for pygresql and discovered that you wrote the library.

Sorry, I should have mentioned my bias.  :-)

> I am happy that you also included a non-dbapi (postgresql classic
> interface ) along with the standard DBAPI module.

That interface existed before there was a DB-API spec.  We added the
DB-API interface later and decided to support both.

> I would like to know if it has been tested with postgresql 8.3 and are

The current version of PyGreSQL has been tested with Python 2.5 and
PostGreSQL 8.3. Older version should work as well, but you will need
at least Python 2.3 and PostgreSQL 7.4.

> there any known bottlenecks while using this driver module on large
> scale database opperations?

None that I know of.  It is used on some pretty big databases that I
know of.

> Is this actively maintained?

Yes.

I'll leave the rest of the questions for someone less biased.  :-)

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves