Using Help inside Python

Sun May 3 19:19:34 EDT 2009

On Sun, 03 May 2009 13:21:49 -0700, rose wrote:

> Many Thanks to you Steven, for such a concise explanation of using the
> help. May I request some examples to make it a bit more explicit.

Suppose you want to get help about the max() function.

Inside IDLE, at the command prompt, type:

help(max) <ENTER>

where <ENTER> means "press the ENTER key".

If you want help about the min() function instead, type:

help(min) <ENTER>

If you have an object called "parrot", and you want to get help about
that object, do this:

help(parrot) <ENTER>

If you just want general help about everything, type:

help() <ENTER>

and follow the instructions on screen.

--
Steven