subprocess & shared environments

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue May 5 01:47:31 EDT 2009

En Mon, 04 May 2009 23:25:42 -0300, Robert Dailey <rcdailey at gmail.com>
escribió:

> Thanks for your help guys. Unfortunately both ideas will not work. I
> guess I should have mentioned that the batch file in question is
> vsvars32.bat, from the Visual Studio installation directory. I should
> not modify this file, nor can I create a "wrapper" batch file as you
> suggested, since I call several other batch files at different times.
> There's about 6 other nmake calls I make that each is preceeded with a
> call to vsvars32.bat. For now I'm using the && DOS operator, this
> seems to work, however it is not ideal.

There is nothing special about vsvars32.bat. If you execute it before your
first program (maybe inside a .cmd that calls vsvars32 and then your
program) then all the spawned programs will already see those settings. No
need to invoke it over and over.
Also, if you enter the same settings in the registry (so they become
persistent) you don't have to worry again.

--
Gabriel Genellina