Self function

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Tue May 5 02:09:25 EDT 2009

On May 4, 8:22 pm, Steven D'Aprano
<ste... at REMOVE.THIS.cybersource.com.au> wrote:
> On Mon, 04 May 2009 15:51:15 -0700, Carl Banks wrote:
> > All
> > recursion does it make what you're doing a lot less readable for almost
> > all programmers.
>
> What nonsense.

It's not nonsense for a singly-linked list.  I don't need to be taught
the benefit of recursion, but whenever interation is suitable for an
algorithm/data structure, as it is with singly-linked lists, then it
is the more readable and more preferrable choice, especially in
Python.

In Python the One Obvious Way is iteration when possible, recursion
when necessary.

Carl Banks