SQL and CSV

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue May 5 15:27:37 EDT 2009

Nick wrote:
> Part of the problem is that the 'selection' needs to be in a config
> file. I can put the if row['status'] != 'Cancelled': return True into
> a config, read it and eval it, but its not quite as clean as an sql
> route.

Still not clear what the restriction is. If you were writing
SQL you'd have to read *something* from your config file,
unless you're suggesting that the "config file" is in fact
a SQL file. Which is one way of doing it, but then you might
just as well have your config file as a Python file and
import it.

Have I missed the point somewhere here? Can you give an
example -- even a fictional one -- of what you couldn't
do using, say, the example I gave earlier?

TJG