Copy & Paste in a Dos box (was: Pyhton script to call another program)

Shawn Milochik Shawn at Milochik.com
Wed May 6 14:47:24 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid> wrote:
> On 2009-05-06, Shawn Milochik <Shawn at Milochik.com> wrote:
>
>> I know I'm coming to the conversation late, but here's what I do*:
>>
>> 1. Use Cygwin. (http://www.cygwin.com/)
>> 2. Use PuttyCYG (http://code.google.com/p/puttycyg/)
>>
>> That way, you can basically use PuTTY to shell into your
>> Windows box.
>
> Better yet, set up sshd in your Cygwin install, and then use
> whatever terminal you normally use on your Linux/MacOS box to
> ssh into the Cygwin box.  When run that way, windows is almost
> usable...
>
> --
> Grant Edwards

<snip>

True, but when I'm using Cygwin, that means I'm at work and don't have
a non-MS OS available. Of course I can open an ssh session to my home
machine for sanity (or kicking off a torrent download at home), but I
don't have a *nix-based OS at the day job. Lanching DSL embedded to
use the terminal seems a bit much. ^_^

Shawn