Copy & Paste in a Dos box (was: Pyhton script to call another program)

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid
Wed May 6 14:56:38 EDT 2009

On 2009-05-06, Shawn Milochik <Shawn at Milochik.com> wrote:

>>> That way, you can basically use PuTTY to shell into your
>>> Windows box.
>>
>> Better yet, set up sshd in your Cygwin install, and then use
>> whatever terminal you normally use on your Linux/MacOS box to
>> ssh into the Cygwin box. ??When run that way, windows is almost
>> usable...
>
><snip>
>
> True, but when I'm using Cygwin, that means I'm at work and don't have
> a non-MS OS available.

Ouch.  That's too bad.  I spent a few months doing a project
for which the compiler was windows-only.  I found that doing
all of the editing, source-control, and testing on Linux and
sshing into a Cygwin box to do the "make" was minimally
painful.

> Of course I can open an ssh session to my home machine for
> sanity (or kicking off a torrent download at home), but I
> don't have a *nix-based OS at the day job. Lanching DSL
> embedded to use the terminal seems a bit much. ^_^

Probably so.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I want a VEGETARIAN
                                  at               BURRITO to go ... with