ANN: Python process utility (psutil) 0.1.2 released
gnewsg at gmail.com
Thu May 7 16:03:16 CEST 2009
I'm pleased to announce the 0.1.2 release of psutil:
=== About ===
psutil is a module providing an interface for retrieving information
on running processes and system utilization (CPU, memory) in a
portable way by using Python, implementing many functionalities
offered by tools like ps, top and Windows task manager.
It currently supports Linux, OS X, FreeBSD and Windows.
=== Enhancements ===
Aside from fixing some bugs psutil 0.1.2 includes the following major
* per-process CPU user/kernel times
* per-process create time
* per-process CPU utilization percentage
* per-process memory usage (bytes)
* per-process memory utilization (percent)
* total, used and free system physical/virtual memory
As of now psutil is released to the general public, and should be
considered a beta release implementing basic functionality.
With this third release we'd like to receive feedback from users and
suggestions for additional functionality.
Patches and volunteers to test/develop for additional platforms
=== Links ===
* Home page: http://code.google.com/p/psutil
* Mailing list: http://groups.google.com/group/psutil/topics
* Source tarball: http://psutil.googlecode.com/files/psutil-0.1.2.tar.gz
* OS X installer: http://psutil.googlecode.com/files/psutil-0.1.2-py2.6-macosx10.4.dmg
* Windows Installer (Python 2.6): http://psutil.googlecode.com/files/psutil-0.1.2.win32-py2.6.exe
* Api Reference: http://code.google.com/p/psutil/wiki/Documentation
--- Giampaolo Rodola'
More information about the Python-list