hex(dummy)[2:] - issue...

Florian Wollenschein Florian.Wollenschein at FernUni-Hagen.de
Thu May 7 12:22:22 EDT 2009

Tim Chase wrote:
>> I need some advice :-)
>> I'm using hex(dummy)[2:] to represent a color in hexadecimal format
>> for the bgcolor in an html file. dummy is the color value in RGB of
>> course...
>>
>> Now, if there's an R, G or B value of zero, this command only prints
>> one single 0 instead of two. What's wrong with the code?
>
> You can try
>
>  PLACES = 2 # 6?
>  hex(dummy)[2:].zfill(PLACES)
>
> Alternatively, you can output decimal numbers in HTML/CSS with
>
>   rgb(r, g, b)
>
> such as
>
>   style="rgb(255,0,0)"
>
> However, I recommend doing this via CSS unless you have a strong reason
> to sully your HTML with style information.
>
> -tkc

hey tkc,

I used your first alternative. This did it! Thanks a lot.
I think I will write the style stuff into a .css file in the next few
days but until then I'm just working on get my program to work...

Listick
http://www.listick.org