Wing vs Netbeans IDE?

nnp version5 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 13:30:18 EDT 2009

I've tried Wing but not NetBeans. I would personally recommend Eclipse
with the PyDev plugin. I prefer it to Wing by *far* and if you prefer
Eclipse to NetBeans for Java then it might be worth your while
checking it out. If you take a few minutes to learn a few of the
shortcuts in Eclipse you can really cut down the time to do a lot of
administrative/organisational tasks.

On Windows I remember Eclipse + Pydev being a bit of a memory hog but
on OS X and Linux it works smoothly.

http://www.unprotectedhex.com
http://www.smashthestack.org