Pygame

Dave Angel davea at ieee.org
Thu May 7 20:32:48 EDT 2009

cripplemeal at gmail.com wrote:
> I am following this tutorial on python, and it has instructed me to
> download pygame. I am not sure it works with the new version of python
> I am using,
and what version would that be?  What release, and what platform?  print
sys.version and include the output in your next message.
>  as the last version it states on the tutorial is 2.6.
>
> It is telling me the module

what module?  Copy & paste the error message into your query, and you're
likely to get useful response.  Also copy & paste the command you're
issuing to cause this error message.
> does not exist after I download,

Then your download manager is complaining about a missing module?
> and I
> even tried placing it in the python folder,
which "python folder".   Be specific.  Do you mean the folder that
contains Python.exe? And just what are you "placing" there?
> but it still came up with
> a problem.

A new problem?  Be specific.
> Any way to fix it, or do I try something else?

Wild guess - maybe it's complaining about a missing SDL module.  PyGame
is dependent on SDL, as far as I can tell.

Also, see http://www.pygame.org/download.shtml    If you're on Windows,
PyGame has different versions for different versions of Python.  This
page recommends Python 2.5.4.  And there isn't a version for Python 3.0